Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some Success Finally!

It has been a long slow process.. this losing weight business! It sure was easy to put on 30 lbs but a lot more difficult taking it off. Last week I went to Austin and Michael Hulse took Shannon and I to this, as he calls it, very "Austin" restaurant. The food was about as anti-Sonoma diet as you can get but of course I ate it up. I didn't get to exercise for 3 days either last week. The weird thing is I was afraid to weigh myself when I got back home so I waited one day. I took the plunge on Saturday and miracle of miracles I had somehow lost 3 lbs from the week before! All I can say is sometimes you have to shake it up, but then hop right back into it. My conclusion is that my body had kicked up my metabolism to adjust for less exercise and not healthy food and when I came back home and ate healthy and exercised it burned it up! Not saying that you should go off of your plan every week but I guess once in a while doesn't hurt. I have cut way back on my wine consumption too. About half of what I used to drink so I am sure that is helping too. I can relate to Karen's blog though I think that sugar has been creeping back into my diet more and more. Well everybody have a good week and remember if you fall off for a day or two the important thing is to get right back into your healthy routine as soon as you can!

No comments: