Thursday, April 2, 2009

Exercise Partner & Motivator

I thought it would be nice to have a place where you can post a mention of your exercise partner, or motivator (whether that is a coach, a friend, a spouse or animal) that really helps you get going, get exercising and meeting your goals of health!

I of course have many friends that are encouraging, but my spouse is the most amazing person to support me! He loves to go with me to races - that is a HUGE committment for someone who doesn't race and Oakley of course is the one clawing at me in the mornings to get out of bed and make those miles count! He is finally slowing down a little, which makes me sad, but still can do 3-5 miles with no problem. My super puppy!

So here is my photo of Steve & Oakley - the best motivators and partners a girl could dream of! Please make a comment or post a separate post with your story!


photo 1: Steve & I at the Boston Marathon last year
photo 2: Oakley


2 comments:

Judy said...

My motivation are friends like Nancy and my husband Tom.. and my own internal motivation and need to run. When I don't get to run I get grumpy, out of sorts, all of those things. I have been a runner since I was 23 years old.. a long time but only a distance runner since about 1999 when I ran my first half marathon. I think the motivation has to come from within but definitely others.. including dogs can support you!

Stingray said...

My motivation is my belly. When I look in the mirror and see how much it's grown since college - I am instantly inspired. As for the person - my wife, of course. She and I have made an agreement. When we both reach our goal weight - we will take an exotic vacation (like Costa Rica) to show off our hot bods!

And Nancy - Oakley could be my dog, Sushi's, long lost cousin.